There are tons of home sellers who still have not made their mind up about whether they should stage their home or not. This is not just your average home owner, I am talking about investors, banks, home builders, and literally anyone who has a home listed for sale.
Most people still think of home staging as an expense, a financial burden or outlay. It is true that when you sell your house it will cost you money. Maybe repairs have to be done, and updates need to be made. Whether you hire a realtor or sell your home yourself, there is still a cost for getting your home listed and advertised so that buyers can find it. There are other costs like inspections and appraisals that a seller may incur. There are also some closing costs that the seller may have to pay for. For every month that a house sits vacant, you incur carry costs that you will not get back. Even if you sell your house "AS-IS" you are inviting low ball offers and leaving money on the table.
As the old adage goes "It takes money to make money". Selling a home is not free. So how can you minimize your outlay and maximize your return? By having your house professionally staged before you list it.
Here are some of the returns you'll get on your home staging investment:
- Increased home value - Statistics show that staged homes can appraise for a higher value than non-staged homes.
- Increased buyer appeal - The more potential buyers that visit your home the higher your chances are for a quick sale.
- Increased marketability - The better a home looks the more it can sell for. When buyers become emotionally attached to a home they will pay more for it.
- Minimizes the chance of taking a price reduction - Statistics show that staged homes sell faster than non-staged homes and for more money.
- Home Staging can be tax deductible -Considered as an advertising expense you may be able to deduct your staging investment from the sale price of the home. Please seek advise from your tax advisor to see if you qualify. (Reference IRS Publication 523)
What other marketing tool do you know of when selling your home can do so much for so little? Not many. Home Staging increases MLS pictures which ways alot on how many people visit your house in person. After all, according to the National Association of Realtors®, 84% of buyers start their search on-line.
Often times sellers have inflated how much a home staging investment will be before they actually get a quote. You will have expenses when you sell your home but staging is an investment that you will immediately see a return on. Hiring a knowledgeable and professional Home Stager/Property Stylist will only help increase your chances of getting your home sold quickly and for top dollar. And it may actually save you money as we know of budget-friendly decorating tips and low cost updates that will increase the appeal of your home. Really, how much is a sale worth to you?
Don't leave money on the table, get your home professionally staged today!
For more information on having your house staged, call Fresh Eye Designs, LLC at 864.351.8305. We work with Occupied and Vacant Home Sellers to get your house sold quickly and profitably! Offering a wide array of Home Stagingservices in the Anderson, Greater Greenville, and Spartanburg areas of South Carolina, we are Greenville's Upscale Home Staging and ReStyles Company. At Fresh Eye Designs LLC, Staged Equals Sold!